Take control of your nikobus via programmation

Nikobus specifiek forum / Fore spécifique Nikobus

Moderator: Domotix-Moderators

FreD_73
DomoMember

Take control of your nikobus via programmation

Post by FreD_73 »

Hi @

Since I'm new here, let me introduce me with a piece of code you might like.

As I saw many people trying to send command to the nikobus, I trust you will find the below helpful.

As already reported and discovered by some people over the internet and in this forum... it's not easy to send custom command to the nikobus due to the crc checks etc...

The easiest way (credit to people here) is to create a virtual 64positions button in your nikobus and snift the bus to get generated code.

I create a quick and dirty function to emulate a button in VB .NET

The function send_key(\"A1\",\"0000\") will send the key \"A1\" to the virtual button you have defined with \"0000\" as address.

Now, I've tried to make a generic code that would work for any button, any nikobus, etc...

1- check button_definition which gives the basic information in order to be able to build a button code.

2- the code itself

!! I've not done programmation for more than 10years... if you find some tuning / better way to do it. you will be pleased to hear from it :)

I'll keep going. I can do some stuff on myself but why not build a swat team if some people are interested to have fun.
Attachments
button_definition.txt
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
code_to_build_key.txt
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 712 times
ronimo
DomoMember

Re: Take control of your nikobus via programmation

Post by ronimo »

Great work, but I'm not sure it will work with any button. I tried a few addresses and the first part is sometimes influenced by the address as well.

Your script will give #N80 for any address with 1A position on the virtual button. Found out sometimes this is #N81 or even #N82

I think it has to do with the reversing of the binary version of the address translation, when reversiong the order the last (or last 2 bits) of the first reversed address will effect the first part of the address (ie #N80 vs #N81 vs #N82)

Anyone figured this out ?